The Wood Automotive Group is offering an exciting opportunity for experienced an Journeyman Automotive Technician to join our newly acquired South Centre Volkswagen dealership!
South Centre Volkswagen has been around since the late 1950s and is located in South Calgary in a new state of the art facility next door to our Woodridge Ford Lincoln dealership. With the new line of Volkswagen vehicles coming in 2021, now is a great time to join our team, be part of Volkswagen exclusive brand, and a well-established Group!
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Complete repairs as per estimates completed in a timely fashion.
- Road test vehicle after repairs are complete to ensure repairs are done properly.
- Maintain high quality of workmanship to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain tools, equipment and shop.
- Diagnose problems using proper procedures.
- Clarify concerns with service advisor as required.
- Recommend additional repairs as required.
The ideal candidate is; a team player with a focus on efficiency will have strong quality of workmanship, good attention to detail, be a quick learner and have the ability to adapt and assist in multiple tasks with a strong commitment to customer service. The successful individual would be responsible for quality workmanship, and be committed to customer service. A valid driver’s license and a current, clean driver's abstract is required.
About the Benefits of being part of our team:
- We have an outstanding benefits package for our employees and families, including an Employee Assistance Program with resources including, Financial Advisory Services, Nutritional Counselling, Legal Advisory Services, Counselling Services, fitness program, and more!
- To support our goal of building our employees’ careers and helping employees plan for retirement. Wood Automotive Group offers a pension plan with employer contributions â free money!
- Wood Automotive recognizes that a healthy lifestyle is an essential part of personal, family and workplace well-being. YMCA and Goodlife Fitness has partnered with our company to offer corporate rates and other great discounts exclusively to our employees and families
- We have nine business locaions, where we have excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. We love to grow within! In addition, there are many Group social events and company perks. Come join our team for more!
About Wood Automotive Group
This is your opportunity to join a leader in the automotive sales & service industry. Wood Automotive Group believes in hard work, honesty, and collaboration. Every member of the team is valued and recognized for their contributions to the overall success of the business. Wood Automotive Group is committed to building from within and recruitment objectives are focused on finding the right cultural fit. People are their greatest asset and they seek those who want to truly develop a career with a growing organization.
The Wood Automotive Group, one of Alberta's largest automobile retailers proudly represents Ford, Lincoln, Honda, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Chrysler and Volkswagen as well as hundreds of pre-owned models. For more than 35 years, the Wood team has worked hard providing unparalleled customer service, competitive pricing and quality products. Committed to education and community, the company is a long-standing sponsor of the SAIT Automotive Business Administration program, as well as a proud supporter of many organizations. Those include the PREP program, The Salvation Army, the SSUBI ("Hope") Foundation, KidSport, and the Shaw Charity Classic.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.